Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is for lemon lovers only, the meat is really tender but has quite a tang when cooked.
- 1 lamb rack, trimmed & slashed
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed or 2 teaspoons prepared minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 lemons, cut in wedges
- 1 onion, cut in wedges
- 1⁄2 head garlic
- rosemary sprig
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- salt & pepper
- Marinade lamb in lemon juice, oil, garlic and chopped rosemary for at least an hour.
- Combine lemon, onion, garlic and rosemary sprigs in a baking dish and place lamb rack with marinade on top.
- Bake at 180 C for 35-40 mins or until cooked to your preference.
- Remove lamb to a plate & keep warm. Discard pan ingredients but reserve pan juices.
- Heat pan juices and blend in flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually blend in stock and wine until smooth. Cook stirring until sauce boils and thickens, Season to taste.
- Serve roast, sliced into cutlets with sauce and vegetables of your choice.
Delicious! a wonderful meal, loved the flavors. thank you so much.
A very flavourful meal with nice presentation. Even the picky eaters liked it! We didn't find the lemon overpowering at all and the gravy just sets it off perfectly. I couldn't find a whole lamb rack roast so bought New Zealand Butterflied Rack of Lamb. Lamb is dear in price here but it was worth it.