This recipe works well with all grilled meats, but especially with lamb. I have tried many barbecued potatoes, but I always seem to come back to these beauties!
- Cut potatoes into small chunks.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with oil, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon juice onto the potatoes, then place the rind halves on top. (Can pre-cook potatoes in microwave for about 5 minutes) (May need to add more olive oil)
- Preheat grill. Place potatoes in a small roasting pan or double thickness tin foil pans that have been sprayed with Pam, add the potatoes. Place on grill. Cook until tender, 20 - 30 minutes, stirring so all pieces cook evenly.
- Remove from heat. Remove lemon rind and bay leaves. Add butter and dill and incorporate evenly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Instead of fresh herbs, you can use 1 tsp dried.
This is so easy to prepare. I used the dried herbs and they worked great. Pre cooking sure speeds up the process. It has a wonderful flavor. I plan to include this on my future BBQ rotation. Served it with Ww Grilled Jalapeno Chicken and Hacienda Onion Salad. They all went very well together. Thanks Abby Girl for posting.
I made this for the '06 fall PAC and boy am I glad I picked them...These are great, the only things I added were a few twists of some fresh cracked pepper and sea salt. I served them with a grilled salmon fillet and roasted asparagus. I think next time (and there will be a next time), I will use basil or rosemary in place of the oregano just for a little variety..
Very easy to make and even quicker using the hint of pre cooking the potatoes in the microwave first. Nice blend of flavours. Went well with my lamb steaks that I had marinated in lemon juice & italian herb mix. A 'keeper' for me:)