Recipe by Abby Girl
This recipe works well with all grilled meats, but especially with lamb. I have tried many barbecued potatoes, but I always seem to come back to these beauties!
Top Review by teresas
This is so easy to prepare. I used the dried herbs and they worked great. Pre cooking sure speeds up the process. It has a wonderful flavor. I plan to include this on my future BBQ rotation. Served it with recipe #249502 and recipe #204196. They all went very well together. Thanks Abby Girl for posting.
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into small chunks.
- In a bowl, toss the potatoes with oil, garlic, bay leaves, oregano, salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon juice onto the potatoes, then place the rind halves on top. (Can pre-cook potatoes in microwave for about 5 minutes) (May need to add more olive oil)
- Preheat grill. Place potatoes in a small roasting pan or double thickness tin foil pans that have been sprayed with Pam, add the potatoes. Place on grill. Cook until tender, 20 - 30 minutes, stirring so all pieces cook evenly.
- Remove from heat. Remove lemon rind and bay leaves. Add butter and dill and incorporate evenly. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: Instead of fresh herbs, you can use 1 tsp dried.