Snowbunny Andorra's Note:
I bought some filo pastry for something and then never used it, so looked up a couple of recipes. This is similar to one I found and, having tried it last night, I really liked it. It'll be going on my repertoire of easy, tasty evening meals. The chicken was cooked beautifully - really juicy and the sauce was really flavoursome - even though some seeped out. I learnt after breaking through the filo pastry on the second one that it would be easier to fold up if you put a tea towel or length of clingfilm on the work top before you lay out the pastry, and then use this to lift and roll the chicken breast. Filo pastry dries out really quickly, so once you've removed it from the packet, remove each sheet only when you need it and keep the rest covered with a tea towel at all times. If you're making more than two parcels, you should also cover the parcels as you make them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, half the garlic, oregano, sage and half the emmental together. Add a pinch of salt.
- 3In another bowl, mix the melted butter and the remainder of the garlic.
- 4Place one sheet of filo pastry on the work surface and brush with the butter mix. Place another sheet of pastry directly on top and brush with more butter.
- 5Position a breast of chicken one-third of the way from the short end of the pastry. Spoon half the mayonnaise mixture on top.
- 6Fold up the short end of the pastry over the chicken, then fold in the two long sides. Roll the chicken to form a parcel.
- 7Repeat to make a second parcel and place both on a baking tray (or I prefer to use a large flat glass dish).
- 8Brush the top of each with any remaining butter and sprinkle on the remaining emmental.
- 9Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden and the chicken cooked.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Garlic Filo Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1125.7
- Calories from Fat 797
- Total Fat 88.6 g
- Saturated Fat 47.0 g
- Cholesterol 281.7 mg
- Sodium 895.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 48.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: