1/2 Photos of Lemon and Dill Seasoning for Fish and Vegetables
The Spice Guru's Note:
My simple flavor-enhancing seasoning doesn't overpower the natural flavors of fresh fish or vegetables. It can also be used for seasoned rice or rice pilaf (recipes below). To further compliment the flavors of fish, coat first lightly with olive oil, use seasoning -- add a small pinch of dried tarragon or crushed rosemary -- then cook as desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1COMBINE all ingredients into a small container and shake well.
- 2STORE tightly sealed in a cool, dry place and shake well before using.
- 3SPRINKLE over fresh fish before baking, broiling, grilling or steaming, or over fresh vegetables before steaming.
- 4SUGGESTION TO FURTHER ENHANCE SEASONED FISH: Coat first lightly with olive oil before seasoning. Add a small pinch of dried tarragon or crushed rosemary, then cook as desired.
- 5TO PREPARE SEASONED RICE: Use 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon and Dill Seasoning with each 1 cup water used for steaming rice. Or, you can use a portion of bouillon with water (2 cups water + 1 cup rice + 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon and Dill Seasoning + 1 cube or teaspoon bouillon). To further compliment fish and seafood dishes add 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon. Bring to a boil over stovetop for one minute. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Serves 4.
- 6TO PREPARE SEASONED RICE PILAF: Saute 1 tablespoon of 3/4-inch broken spaghetti or orzo pasta with 1 tablespoon slivered almonds in 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil until golden. Add 2 cups low-sodium broth, 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon and Dill Seasoning, 1 cup rice, and 1 teaspoon capers if desired. Bring to a boil over stovetop for one minute. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. For Greek-style pilaf add a pinch each dried crushed mint and oregano before boiling, then fluff rice with 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese after steaming. Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Dill Seasoning for Fish and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: