Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
My simple flavor-enhancing seasoning doesn't overpower the natural flavors of fresh fish or vegetables. It can also be used for seasoned rice or rice pilaf (recipes below). To further compliment the flavors of fish, coat first lightly with olive oil, use seasoning -- add a small pinch of dried tarragon or crushed rosemary -- then cook as desired.
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Butter Buds
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- COMBINE all ingredients into a small container and shake well.
- STORE tightly sealed in a cool, dry place and shake well before using.
- SPRINKLE over fresh fish before baking, broiling, grilling or steaming, or over fresh vegetables before steaming.
- SUGGESTION TO FURTHER ENHANCE SEASONED FISH: Coat first lightly with olive oil before seasoning. Add a small pinch of dried tarragon or crushed rosemary, then cook as desired.
- TO PREPARE SEASONED RICE: Use 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon and Dill Seasoning with each 1 cup water used for steaming rice. Or, you can use a portion of bouillon with water (2 cups water + 1 cup rice + 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon and Dill Seasoning + 1 cube or teaspoon bouillon). To further compliment fish and seafood dishes add 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon. Bring to a boil over stovetop for one minute. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Serves 4.
- TO PREPARE SEASONED RICE PILAF: Saute 1 tablespoon of 3/4-inch broken spaghetti or orzo pasta with 1 tablespoon slivered almonds in 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil until golden. Add 2 cups low-sodium broth, 1 1/2 teaspoons Lemon and Dill Seasoning, 1 cup rice, and 1 teaspoon capers if desired. Bring to a boil over stovetop for one minute. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork. For Greek-style pilaf add a pinch each dried crushed mint and oregano before boiling, then fluff rice with 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese after steaming. Serves 4.