Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from The African Kitchen. Prep time includes freezing time.
Make and share this Lemon and Cumin Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift flour and baking soda together and set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in egg yolks, lemon zest and cumin.
- Fold in flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Shape into a 2" cylinder, wrap, and freeze until hard.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4" slices.
- Place on baking sheet, leaving room to spread.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.