Recipe by Lene
The cool lemon sorbet complements the sweet kick of the glace chillies. You can make the sorbet up to 4 months in adavance - simply freeze and move it into the fridge 15 minutesa before you want to serve it. I like to serve the sorbet with a splash of vodka.
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 fat red chilies, seeded, halved and sliced thinly
- 4 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 large egg white
- 6 tablespoons vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 75g of the sugar into a large pan. Add 600ml of cold water and the chillies. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for 5 minutes. Remove the chillies with a slotted spoon and toss in the remaining sugar. Spreed the sugared chillies, spaced well apart on a sheet of greaseproof paper and leave to dry for about 20 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and honeu to the sugar syrup and leave to cool completely. Pour into a freezer proof container, seal and freeze for 4-5 hours until slushy.
- Break up the sorbet with a fork, and spoon into a large bowl. Beat with a fork until smooth. Whisk the egg white until stiff and fold into the lemon sorbet mixture. Poir back into the container and freeze until solid or ready to use.
- Scoop the sorbet into glasses, sprinkling each scoop with some of the glace chillies. Pour over the vodka with a pile of the remaining chillies.