Dienia B.'s Note:
The Russian Heritage Cookbook
My Private Note
- 1Cut carrots into 1/2 inch slices.
- 2Cook carrots until tender; drain and sprinkle with sugar and lemon zest.
- 3Add 2/3 cup water to carrot mixture.
- 4Cook over very low heat--add water to keep from burning.
- 5Add lemon juice or sugar as needed.
- 6Simmer till the syrup is thick and carrots are almost transparent
- 7Serve with beef.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Carrot Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1066 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.3
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 105.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 165.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 157.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of