Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I am playing around and trying to find some new lower fat recipes to put into my rotation to keep me from getting bored. This turned out to be lush tasting and something that I could happily eat both for breakfast or for a fairly diet friendly dessert. I use fat free Greek yogurt in this because I enjoy the thick creamy texture with such little fat. Also, I am lactose intolerant but have found that I don't get any reactions when I eat Greek yogurt. I have used both Splenda and sugar in the blueberry stage of this recipe and both worked well
Top Review by Rita~
Yummo! This can be served for breakfast, lunch or dessert! I opted for Recipe #257834 mixed with rawfresh blueberries, not cooking them. So this was made quick and easy! I did cut the almond to 2 tablespoons. And the yogurt was more like 1/2 cup. Loved this guilt free delight. Made for ZWT 6 Thanks
- 2⁄3 cup lemon curd
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar or 2 teaspoons Splenda granular
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide lemon curd into the bottom of two dessert dishes.
- Put flaked almonds into a very hot pan and toast for about three minutes. Keep moving them constantly to make sure they don't burn.
- Layer toasted almonds on top of lemon curd.
- Put half a cup of Greek yogurt on top of the almonds in each dish.
- Put the blueberries into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar and stir gently stir into the blueberries over the heat.
- Keep stirring for about four minutes until the berries have popped and are cooked through.
- Pour the blueberries on top of the yogurt layer along with any of the juices in the pan you cooked them inches.