Recipe by Lene
This one of those desserts where the top of the pudding is a delicious, moist sponge and the bottom separates out into a thick, lemony custard.
Top Review by Butterball2
Frustrating to make as there are no instructions about the blueberries or milk. It seemed a lot of milk too so I used about half and it worked well. Was intriged by beating and stirring inches?? Anyway I used my common sense and my husband loved the dessert. As for the typos........! I assume the writer is not a native English speaker.
- 100 g butter, plus
- 1 little extra butter, for greasing
- 175 g caster sugar
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 4 eggs, separated
- 50 g plain flour
- 125 g fresh blueberries
- 500 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Lightly butter a 2 Ltr ovenproof dish.
- With an electric whisk, beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice and rind, following by the egg yolks, one at a time until well blended- if the mixture looks a bit curdled at this stage don't worry.
- Sift over the flour and stir in .
- Rinse of the beaters then whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks; don't allow them to get to stiff or they will be difficult to fold into the mixture and you'll end up losing all the air you've just beaten inches.
- With a large metal spoon gradually fold the egg whites into the blueberry mixture.
- Pour into the dish, place on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes until is risen, golden and firm to touch.