Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a simple yet elegant way to serve your breakfast. It's like a casserole in a loaf of bread instead of a dish. Slice it up and serve as the main dish or as a compliment to a breakfast meat of choice. So good.
- 1 large focaccia bread
- 2 tablespoons meyer lemon-infused olive oil (or 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil combined with 1 teaspoon lemon juice)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the top off the foccacia and hollow out the bread inside. Tear the top of the foccacia and the Inside bread into 1-inch pieces and save for the egg mixture.
- Brush the inside of the foccacia with The Meyer lemon olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the basil, cheese, salt, pepper, and milk. Whisk Lightly. Stir in up to 4 cups of the bread pieces.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the toasted foccacia bottom. Return to the oven and bake until The eggs have cooked, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cut the baked foccacia into 6 to 8 pieces and serve immediately.