1/1 Photo of Lemon and Anise Biscotti
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
Found in the 2001 cookbook, Luscious Lemon Desserts, this recipe makes for some crunchy, flavorful cookies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure there is a rack in the middle slot of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 1 large nonstick baking sheet & have 1 ungreased baking sheet ready.
- 2Toast almonds on the ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 3In a small skillet, toast the aniseed, shaking the pan, over medium heat for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- 4Process sugar & zest in a food processor until zest is finely ground.
- 5In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, coriander, baking powder & salt.
- 6In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter & suger mixture together, beginning on low speed & increasing to medium-high, until combined well.
- 7Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then reduce the speed to low & add flour mixture & aniseed, beating just until blended.
- 8With a rubber spatula, stir in the almonds.
- 9Halve the dough & place both portions on the buttered baking sheet.
- 10Quickly form each piece into a 12:x1" log, & place them at least 3 inches apart on the buttered baking sheet, then smooth the 2 logs with dampened fingers.
- 11Bake for 35 minutes, turning the baking sheet once, or until logs are golden brown & beginning to crack on top.
- 12Let cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer logs to a cutting board & with a sharp knife, cut each log into 1/8-inch slices.
- 13Arrange slices on the same baking sheet & return to the oven.
- 14Bake for about 16 minutes, turning the cookies over halfway through the baking, until crisp & golden brown on both sides.
- 15Let cool on a wire rack, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Anise Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.7
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 22.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unblanched sliced almonds