Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
An addictive little cookie.
Make and share this Lemon-Almond Squares recipe from Food.com.
- For crust: Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix flour, sugar and salt and cut in butter until mixture holds together when pressed; pat into bottom of 9 inch square baking dish; bake until light brown, about 15 minutes.
- For filling: Beat eggs and ½ cup sugar until thick and pale; add almond paste and beat until smooth.
- Mix in lemon juice and peel and all purpose flour.
- Pour filling into crust and bake until firm but not brown, 17-20 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- To serve: Cut in squares using knife dipped in hot water.
we enjoyed this very much! the combination of lemon and almond is great and makes very tasty bars. now we just have to come up with a cocktail recipe with disaranno to match!
Have had this gem of a recipe tucked away in one of my 'to do' cookbooks & finally got it out TO DO! Since I really, really enjoy the taste of lemon, I did make a couple of changes here, but nothing major ~ I did include half a teaspoon of lemon zest in the crust, & used 1/4 teaspoon of it sprinkled over the top just before dusting it with the powdered sugar! Thanks so much for the recipe for these great tasties! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]