Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Cake that is Rich and Moist, and Lemon flavored. Great just by the slice or top with fresh Strawberries and Whip Cream
- Preheat Oven to 325°.
- Next butter and flour a large Tube or Bundt pan.
- Cream together Sugar and Butter.
- Then add Sour cream and Yogurt.
- Sift Flour and Baking soda and add to the sugar mixture alternating with the eggs one at a time.
- Add extracts or flavorings, then the Lemon or Lime Juice. Mix until light and Fluffy.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 1 hour, (Oven temperature varies so it may take an extra 10 to 20 minutes depending on your Oven) or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Love the texture of this cake and also was sold on the lemon/almond flavor. Prefer to use grated rind from l or 2 lemons rather than lemon extract. At least for ur it gives a purer lemon flavor. To get a more intense lemon taste you really need the to grate 2 lemons. Otherwise it is a lovely cake and very easy to make.
Moist but not an overwhelming lemon flavor.
I decided to try this recipe for a summer pot luck I was attending and since I was unsure of everyones taste was pleased with the light lemon flavor. This went well with wine and coffee the next morning ;-) Thanks for sharing, passing it one since everyone wanted the recipe.