Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delighful change of pace! I found this somewhere (?) when planning an Iced Tea Party. This one was the favorite of three that I served.
- 4 cups water
- 10 tea bags, black
- 2 lemons, sliced thinly
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (2 liter) bottle carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat add tea bags.
- Steep for 10 minutes.
- Put lemon slices into a large pitcher, giving them each a squeeze as you go.
- Add sugar into pitcher.
- Mix in tea.
- Add flavorings and pop right before serving.
Wonderful refresher! If I had the nerve, I'd be out there with the cattle licking those big salt blocks, but the neighbors talk. It can be awkward.