- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans until tender either by steaming (my preference) or in boiling water.
- Drain and return to pot and toss with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover to keep warm.
- In small saucepan, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Add almonds and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
- Add lemon zest and juice, and toss with the beans.