Recipe by seahorse73
Recipe courtesy of Odense Recipe Club. The old fashion cupcake has become the newest rage! The tart taste of lemon combined with the sweet, richness of Almond Paste make a super moist and flavor-filled cupcake. They are perfect for any picnic or party. Optional glaze: Mix until smooth, 1 cup confectioner's sugar with 5 teaspoons lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind.
- 7 ounces almond paste, grated (this is 1 box)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (2-3 large lemons)
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preeheat oven to 350°F
- Place cupcake liners in muffins tins.
- In mixing bowl, mix Almond Paste and sugar until the texture of small crumbs. Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each. Add yogurt, oil, lemon juice and rind. Beat until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder into almond mixture. Beat until mixed, scraping the bottom and sides of bowl. Spoon batter into liners, a bit more than 1/2 full.
- Bake cupcakes in center of oven, 20-25 minutes or until tops are nicely rounded and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Start testing at 20 minutes. Cool tins on wire racks for 5 minutes. Then, transfer cupcakes to wire rack and cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar or frost with optional glaze. Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days. Note: Unfrosted cupcakes can be frozen for 1 month.