1/2 Photos of Lemon Almond Biscotti
Charlotte J's Note:
My children and I love biscotti cookies but they are so high in fat. So I was glad to find this one in the Diabetic Cooking magazine (July/Aug 2003). It has less fat and salt. Thank you MG.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Beat margarine in bowl.
- 3Add sugar, lemon rind, baking powder, baking soda, salt and eggs.
- 4Beat until well blended.
- 5Beat in flour to crumb texture.
- 6Dough will be fairly dry.
- 7Stir in almonds.
- 8Kneading the dough slightly, shape into two 9-inch logs.
- 9Flatten logs to 1 1/2-inch thick.
- 10Place on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and cool 1 hour.
- 12Slice crosswise into 16 1/2-inch slices per roll.
- 13Place cut side down on baking sheet and bake 8 minutes.
- 14Flip biscotti over and bake 8 minutes more or until crisp and golden.
- 16Store in air-tight container for up to three days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Almond Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 66.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.7 g