Found this on prevention.com -- haven't tried it yet but it sounds tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
- 3In a large bowl, mix the egg, egg whites, honey, oil, and almond extract.
- 4Stir in the flour mixture. Stir in enough of the lemon juice to form a pliable dough.
- 5Divide the dough in half and form each half into a 12" log.
- 6Place the logs 5" apart on the baking sheet. Slightly flatten each log to 1/2" high.
- 7Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for 3 minutes.
- 8Using a serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 1/2"-thick slices. Place the slices, cut side down, on the baking sheet.
- 9Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown; turn the slices halfway through baking. Cool on a rack for 2 minutes. Remove from the sheet and place on the rack to cool completely.
- 10Click here to find out more!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Almond Biscotti
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 19.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g