Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this on prevention.com -- haven't tried it yet but it sounds tasty!
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg, egg whites, honey, oil, and almond extract.
- Stir in the flour mixture. Stir in enough of the lemon juice to form a pliable dough.
- Divide the dough in half and form each half into a 12" log.
- Place the logs 5" apart on the baking sheet. Slightly flatten each log to 1/2" high.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and let cool on a rack for 3 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each log diagonally into 1/2"-thick slices. Place the slices, cut side down, on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown; turn the slices halfway through baking. Cool on a rack for 2 minutes. Remove from the sheet and place on the rack to cool completely.
- Click here to find out more!