Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted in response to a recipe request. These sound yummy! :)
Make and share this Lemon Almond Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds
- Make the bottom layer: in a bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and salt until fluffy; stir in flour until well mixed.
- Press mixture into an ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake at 325°F for about 35 minutes or until golden.
- Make the topping: in a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour, lemon rind, and juice until smooth; pour over the baked bottom layer.
- Sprinkle with the sliced almonds and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
- Let cool on rack, then cut into bars.
Line the pan with Parchment paper otherwise the bars won't release. I made 1 1/2 the lemon filling recipe because I prefer more on top of the crust. I also added 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut to the filling. Angel flake coconut would work, too.