Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Really good with soft vanilla Ice Cream.
- pastry dough (See Perogies With Various Traditional Fillings for the dough recipe)
- 1 lb pitted dried prune
- 1 cup sugar
- Put the prunes in a good sized saucepan-heavy bottom if you have one.
- Pour in water to cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook over a"hard simmer/light boil.
- "You may need to add more water to prevent scorching.
- When prunes are soft puree in a food processor until smooth.
- If the prunes are in any way runny cook until thick.
- Make dough-or cut recipe in half and fill with prune filling.
- (see recipe#20108 for filling and crimping directions) Boil perogies in water until they float, drain.
- Fry in butter if you wish and serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or topping of your choice.
- Freeze whatever filling your not using.