Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can have this hot or cold! Make sure you have a crowd or you'll eat the whole thing!
- 453.59 g wide egg noodles (cooked)
- 226.79 g farmer cheese
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 59.14 ml butter (melted)
- 236.59 ml vanilla sugar
- 473.18 ml light cream
- 5 eggs
- 283.49 g of bakers lekvar prune plum filling
- cinnamon, to taste,for topping
- sugar, to taste,for topping
- In a food processor mix cheeses, butter, and sugar till creamy; add cream and eggs.
- Mix cooked noodles with cream mixture in a large bowl.
- In a buttered baking dish add half of noddle mixture top with lekvar then top with rest of noodle mixture.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake 350 degrees for one hour.
This is a very filling, rich & creamy noodle kugel. I found the directions to be very clear and produced a delicious, special occasion kugel. Note: I had to use Pflaumenmuss (which is a thick, sticky sweetened prune-plum jam available here) in place of the the lekvar filling is unable where I live in Germany. I thought this worked out great and was very similar. Thanks for sharing!