Recipe by Jogreen
Very easy to make. You can add some chopped nuts or raisins etc. for a change if you like them.
Top Review by Jen T
Fast, easy and yummy. Made as listed to take to my "Book Club". Everyone loved it and I had to give out copies of the recipe. High praise indeed. Could be eaten warm as a dessert or cold as a cake. I sprinkled mine with icing sugar to jazz it up. A real keeper for me :)
- 150 g butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups apples (stewed, chopped fresh or canned, I use canned)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Bake in a greased & floured or baking paper lined 20cm cake pan for 40-45minutes at 170'C or until springs back when touched lightly with finger.
- Remove from oven and leave in tin 5 mins before removing to a wire rack to cool.