Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very easy to make. You can add some chopped nuts or raisins etc. for a change if you like them.
- 150 g butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups apples (stewed, chopped fresh or canned, I use canned)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Bake in a greased & floured or baking paper lined 20cm cake pan for 40-45minutes at 170'C or until springs back when touched lightly with finger.
- Remove from oven and leave in tin 5 mins before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Fast, easy and yummy. Made as listed to take to my "Book Club". Everyone loved it and I had to give out copies of the recipe. High praise indeed. Could be eaten warm as a dessert or cold as a cake. I sprinkled mine with icing sugar to jazz it up. A real keeper for me :)
I baked this cake today as the recipe stated. I served it a little warm with ice cream and it was absolutely delicious. A real winner, my family loved it. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe