Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
As I have stated before I mostly gather, modify and review recipes instead of designing them and this is one of those recipes. The recipe came from LeighDear at LowCarbFriends.com and is one I did not modify at all. It is a REALLY good dish that my family loves and has been getting great reviews. Thanks for the great recipe Leigh!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sauté in oil til browned.
- Place in greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until very smooth, then beat in Ranch dressing and hot sauce. (This is the only way to avoid small lumps of cream cheese). Stir in shredded cheese.
- Spread over chicken in baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Awesome! I used bone in 1/2 chicken breasts.Up'ed the hot sauce, I used Texas Petes Buffalo sauce, Franks wasn't available. Cooked the breast 1/2's in the oven for 1/2 the time then poured the sauce over the breasts and cooked until done. Thanks for a keeper!
I made this exactly as written and would not make any changes. I used my standing mixer with the whip attachment (no hand mixer) and forgot to whip the cream cheese before adding the other ingredients. It was a little lumpy but smoothed out fine when I baked it. The chicken was perfect after 25 minutes. I served this with Pan-Roasted Broccoli. (Originally reviewed 11/8/10 but the stars vanished. :/)
Oh. My. This was sooooo good. The husband and teenagers LOVED it. A few changes I made: doubled the sauce and omitted the cheddar. 5 minutes before chicken was done I topped it blue cheese crumbles. Reeealllly good. This is a keeper!