Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My fave. Friends request this frequently. =)
- 4 tablespoons real butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley (or 1 Tbs dried parsley)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16 ounce) cans minced clams, undrained
- 2 lbs pre-cooked whole clams, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb linguine
- 0.5 (3 ounce) can tomato paste, if you want to thicken the sauce
- parsley sprig, for garnish
- Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook til garlic is golden (about 3 minutes).
- Add parsley, oregano, basil, crushed red pepper, 1.5 cans of the stewed tomatoes and salt to pan. Mix well.
- Add undrained clams.
- Bring to boil; simmer 5-6 minutes.
- Add Longneck clams to sauce. Cover and simmer til shells just barely open.
- Add lemon juice to sauce, simmer for another 1-2 minutes, covered.
- Spoon sauce and clams over prepared linguini.
- ***SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with warm loaf French garlic bread, a glorious Caesar salad and a glass of good white wine. :).