My fave. Friends request this frequently. =)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons real butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (or 1 Tbs dried parsley)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16 ounce) cans minced clams, undrained
- 2 lbs pre-cooked whole clams, partially thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 lb linguine
- 1Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic and cook til garlic is golden (about 3 minutes).
- 3Add parsley, oregano, basil, crushed red pepper, 1.5 cans of the stewed tomatoes and salt to pan. Mix well.
- 4Add undrained clams.
- 5Bring to boil; simmer 5-6 minutes.
- 6Add Longneck clams to sauce. Cover and simmer til shells just barely open.
- 7Add lemon juice to sauce, simmer for another 1-2 minutes, covered.
- 8Spoon sauce and clams over prepared linguini.
- 9***SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with warm loaf French garlic bread, a glorious Caesar salad and a glass of good white wine. :).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Legz' Linguini W/ Red Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (830 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1805.8
- Calories from Fat 901
- Total Fat 100.1 g
- Saturated Fat 53.8 g
- Cholesterol 444.0 mg
- Sodium 1812.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 105.4 g