Recipe by Lady D.
This recipe is something my family has made for quite a few generations on my mother's side. It is incredibly easy to make (with only three primary ingredients!), but it has always been a favorite at the dinner table! It's also a great dish for any occassion - dinner parties, holidays, or your standard evening family dinner. It is particularly yummy in the winter, when the homey warmth of the corn just fills you right up. :)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour creamed corn in a bowl.
- Stir in crumbled crackers until thickened.
- Even out with milk and then add more crackers.
- Continue until mixture is thick, but not stiff- like a pudding.
- (There are no exact amounts, so play on your own tastes!) Pepper to taste (optional, but the pepper is included in the original recipe.) Pour into baking dish.
- Sprinkle a layer of crumbled crackers evenly over corn mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika over cracker topping.
- Put in oven at 375 and bake until topping is crisp and slightly browned.
- (Careful- if it gets too brown, it won't taste right! It should be bubbly when done.).