Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Legal Seafoods is a Boston restaurant famous for it's fresh and perfectly cooked seafood. This non-traditional (no sugar and vinegar) version compliments but does not over power the delicate flavor of fish.
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 medium onion, peeled and shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 -1 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream (or 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup yogurt)
- Add green cabbage to the boiling water, remove from heat,let sit 5 minutes, drain, and press dry.
- In a large bowl, combine green and red cabbage, onion and carrot.
- Stir in mayonnaise, sour cream and salt to taste, and chill.
I just made this to go with our lunch. Although I didn't have any sour cream or yogurt (I just used mayonnaise) it was really nice - yum yum!