Recipe by JustJanS
I was given a jar of Ras el Hanout, and this simple recipe by our chef son. He actually used the rub on our Christmas day quail, but we used it on lamb a few days later.
Top Review by Teflon Chef
Jan, I cooked this for my husband and I on Australia Day. It was wonderful! I had 3 mini trim roasts, weighing just over 1 kg. I didn't reduce the rub/ marinade and we found it was worked terrifically. My American husband gives it 4 stars, but only due to his lack of lamb meals to compare it to. I have told him he won't find one better!
- 2 tablespoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 limes, zest of or 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 limes, juice of or 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 kg boneless leg of lamb, butterflied
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients (except the lamb) together to make a paste.
- Stab a few holes in the lamb, and rub the mix into the lamb-massage it in well.
- Set aside for about 1 hour, to allow the lamb to come to room temperature.
- Cook over a hot grill (BBQ) for about 30 minutes (or until cooked to your liking), allowing it to rest loosely tented with foil, for a further 20.