Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Southern Living.
Top Review by Cook In Southwest
I made this for our New Year's Day dinner, and it was simply GREAT! It took all the gamey flavor out of the lamb (which I hate) and left the luscious roast in tact. I highly recommend this recipe! It just doesn't get better than this.
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (5 lb) leg of lamb
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; stir well to combine.
- Place lamb, fat side up in a shallow roasting pan.
- Spread mustard mixture evenly over leg of lamb.
- Chill two hours.
- Insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat or bone.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 2 hours, 15 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.