Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 25 mins
From Southern Living.
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (5 lb) leg of lamb
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; stir well to combine.
- Place lamb, fat side up in a shallow roasting pan.
- Spread mustard mixture evenly over leg of lamb.
- Chill two hours.
- Insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat or bone.
- Bake in a 325° oven for 2 hours, 15 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I made this for our New Year's Day dinner, and it was simply GREAT! It took all the gamey flavor out of the lamb (which I hate) and left the luscious roast in tact. I highly recommend this recipe! It just doesn't get better than this.
This was great, we had this for our Easter dinner and it was well received. Wonderful flavours and excellent instructions. Lamb was cooked to perfection. Thanks NurseDi.
We LOVED this! The flavors blend so well together. It's not too "mustardy" as it could seem to be. It's so simple, yet you could easily serve this for a special dinner. I just cut the oil in half, that was my only change. I believe I have found my new favorite lamb recipe! Thanx for posting it.