Recipe by Abby Girl
This is strickly for lamb lovers out there! This is a "bold, in your face" taste...lots of garlic, tang from the vinegars and spiciness from the mustard and rosemary. This is way to easy to put together...but it does need up to 24 hours to marinate, so plan this well. I got this recipe from a well known Vancouver barbecue chef/author/firefighter, David Veljacic. He has won many, many awards for his recipes ...I though this was a winner!!!
- 5 lbs boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of fat
- 6 large garlic, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, grainy
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped (preferebly fresh)
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped (preferably fresh)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make 25 to 30 slits in the lamb and insert a slice of garlic into each one.
- Combine the vinegars together and add to the lamb. Refrigerate for 12 - 24 hours, turning several times.
- Remove the lamb from the vinegars pat dry with paper towels and set aside to reach room temperature.
- Combine the Dijon mustard, pepper, rosemary and mint. Set aside. Brush the mustard paste onto the lamb.
- Preheat the barbecue grill.
- Place on the barbecue and cook until done.