1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This comes from a wine company. I haven't made it, but am keen to.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 220°C Cream the butter, anchovies, rosemary and garlic and smear all over the surface of the meat.
- 2Lay bacon on a board, overlapping to form a rectangle.
- 3Roll bacon around Lamb and tie at regular intervals.
- 4Place the Lamb in a roasting tin and pour the wine around evenly.
- 5Tuck in remaining sprigs of rosemary and pour over the lemon juice.
- 6Put in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- 7Turn the oven temperature down to 180C and roast the Lamb for a further hour, or more if you like your meat well-done.
- 8Baste from time to time with the wine juices.
- 9Take the meat out of the oven and leave to rest in a warm place for at least 15 minutes before carving.
- 10Meanwhile, taste the juices and add pepper (and salt if necessary).
- 11During the roasting process the wine should have reduced and mingled with the meat juices and anchovy butter to make a delicious gravy.
- 12If you find it too thin, reduce to the desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leg of Lamb With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 843.1
- Calories from Fat 523
- Total Fat 58.2 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 250.9 mg
- Sodium 985.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 62.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: