1/2 Photos of Leg of Lamb Stuffed With Mushrooms and Chevre
1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from food network, courtesy of Mark Black of the Brown Palace hotel in Denver, CO. I had to share this with you because it is an amazing recipe and everyone deserves to enjoy this dish! If you want to impress someone, go for this dish. It is definite 5 star quality.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Pound lamb out to about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- 3In a large saute pan heat butter over med heat and saute mushrooms until soft. Set mushrooms aside until later.
- 4Season lamb liberally with salt and pepper.
- 5Layer lamb with shallots, chevre and criminis.
- 6Roll the lamb into a log and tie with butchers twine.
- 7In a large saute pan, heat oil over med-high heat and sear lamb on all sides.
- 8Place lamb on wire rack with baking sheet underneath. Roast for about an hour until internal temp is reached (140 for rare, 170 for well done, I usually go about 155 and it's nice and pink but not bloody).
- 9Let the lamb rest about 10 minute to prevent juice from running and it drying out.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leg of Lamb Stuffed With Mushrooms and Chevre
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1257.0
- Calories from Fat 913
- Total Fat 101.5 g
- Saturated Fat 47.3 g
- Cholesterol 313.7 mg
- Sodium 2380.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 78.0 g