Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The Frugal Gourmet Cooks With Wine – Jeff Smith – Copyright 1986 ”Balsamic vinegar is a wonderfully aged product from Modena, in Italy. It is unlike most wine vinegars in that the flavor is so mild.” Note marinating time.
- 1 (5 -6 lb) leg of lamb
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- With a sharp knife, pierce the leg in several places and soak it for 5 hours in the olive oil mixed with the vinegar.
- Place it on a roasting rack and rub with the salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic.
- Bake until a thermometer reads 140*. 1 ¼-1 ¾ hours.
- Baste with the marinade several times during the roasting.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 30 minutes before carving.