Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Lamb is consumed quite a bit in Australia. I cooked this leg of lamb in the slow cooker today for Little Miss (DD) and Hubby (DD). I don’t eat red meat, but I don't deprive my family if they want to eat it. You may not want to season the lamb with salt, as this recipe has the liquid stock & soy which both have high salt contents, but it's up to your taste bugs. You could also push some rosemary into the incisions with the garlic or sprinkle some around the lamb once its in the Slow Cooker / Crock Pot. Hubby said the meat fell away from the bone. Enjoy
- 1 (2 1/2 kg) leg of lamb
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, enough to rub leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, off stem and chopped or 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups vegetable stock, liquid (salt reduced)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- Make small incisions in leg of lamb and insert the slices of garlic in each incision.
- Rub olive oil, rosemary around the lamb and season with salt and pepper.
- In large non-stick pan, brown leg of lamb.
- While the lamb is browning, you can prepare the slow cooker/crock pot. Pour the stock and soy sauce into the slow cooker/crock pot. When the lamb is finishing browning add it to the slow cooker/crock pot.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low setting.
- Remove from slow cooker/crock pot and let rest 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.
THANK YOU for a delicious meal that was no fuss no muss. I must say I have never done lamb in a crock and was a bit nervous. Not anymore! I will do this recvipe often as it came out so temder and juicy. No dry spots anywhere! My DH is is not really a lamb eater but married a Greek so eats it, said it is delicious! He had 2 helpings then I told him what it was. He could not believe it. He said it tasted different. I did not use mint as I usually do and because it was fall off thebone and he did not know I believe tricked him. I did take a bit of license in that I did not use soy but used home made beef stock instead. Came out great. I also added in carrots, sliced lengthwise and a few potatoes to sit the lamb on. I did add in a 1/4 c of lemon as well. The taters soaked up the lemon flavor just right. Served with Vrasta Fasolakia Freska . We had a little bit of Greece here tonight . Thank you.
A leg of lamb is a real treat for us as it's so expensive here (even though I live in a country that has 10 times as many sheep as people!!) But it had been so long since we had a nice Sunday roast and I decided to make this recipe. I used chicken stock and ordinary soy sauce, it wasnt too salty and turned out perfect. Very tasty and we all loved it.
Thanks for a great recipe.
I'm one of those people who hate lamb.... I don't understand how someone would not know that they were eating lamb.... This recipe doesn't change that fact. However, my husband and daughter love lamb. This recipe is the best. It's quick and easy to prepare. After dinner last night where they stuffed themselves and raved about the dish, my daughter colored in the five star rating at the bottom of the recipe. She specifically requested it for today's lunch. I made about a half recipe. I added 1/2 onion, 1 carrot and 1 parsnip all peeled and cut up and sauteed slightly. I also didn't bother to stuff the roast with the garlic or rosemary and instead just tossed them in the crock pot.