Recipe by MarraMamba
I developed this tonight using the leftovers of the wonderful Baked Cherry Tomatoes with Parmesan Topping and the leftover sautéed portobello mushrooms called for in Kerry Simon's Ultimate Burger. Because they wont let us use recipes as ingredients i will post the info to do it from scratch, but it was made with left overs. You could use any combination of cherry tomato recipes and mushrooms, i found the above two perfect!
for the mushroom
- 4 slices apple-smoked bacon
- 4 portabella mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
for the cherry tomato
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
for the ravioli
- 350 g fresh spinach-cheese ravioli
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Take leftovers from recipe #30505 and recipe #239635, put in saucepan and simmer until thickens and becomes a sauce. Taste for seasoning.
- If you want to make it from scratch:.
- For the mushrooms.
- In a skillet, render the sliced bacon. Remove cooked bacon from pan and drain on paper towels, leaving rendered fat in the pan. Add the mushrooms, garlic and shallots to the same pan and cook about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
- For the tomatoes.
- Pour oil into 13x9x2-inch ceramic baking dish. Add tomatoes, turn to coat with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with parsley and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bake tomatoes just until plump and shiny but not split, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil until tomatoes begin to split and cheese begins to color, about 2 minutes.
- Place mushroom and tomato into a saucepan and simmer until it thickens into a sauce and tomatoes have broken down.
- For the dish.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook ravioli until al dente.
- put ravioli in a baking dish and toss with sauce. Cover with slices of mozzarella and some parmesan if desired. Bake until cheese is bubbling.