Recipe by C. Taylor
Even though you can make this with fresh meat, I find myself making these to stretch a leftover piece of steak, pork or chicken. You can also leave the meat out entirely for a vegetarian option. Serve with sour cream, salsa and gaucamole.
- 10 -12 ounces cooked meat, sliced into thin bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning, mix
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and then add your meat and vegetables, stirring until cooked half way, and then add your salt, pepper, cumin, lemon juice, seasoning mix and hot sauce. Finish cooking.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, spray with cooking spray. Place a torilla in the pan and then sprinkle with a thin even layer of cheese and then on one half a side, place some of the meat mixture.
- Continue to cook until tortilla has browned and cheese has melted. Fold in half and cut into thirds. Serve with salsa, cream cheese and/or guacamole.