Denise in da Kitchen's Note:
This is a great way to use up small amounts of leftover meat and veggies. (If you have enough leftover rice, then it's a real dollar-stretcher!) Depending on what I have in fridge, it's a little different each time I make it. It seems that no matter what combination of meats and veggies I use, if it is eaten with chop sticks, the kids love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml cold cooked white rice, better if it day old
- 44.37 ml oil
- 118.29 ml leftover cooked pork or 118.29 ml ham, cut in strips
- 118.29 ml leftover cooked chicken, cut in strips
- 59.14 ml tiny canned shrimp, if desired
- 236.59 ml leftover peas or 236.59 ml carrots or 236.59 ml corn (If you don't have leftover veggies, thawed frozen veggies work well)
- 226.79 g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 59.14 ml fresh green onion, chopped
- 1 egg, fried,cut in small strips
- soy sauce (I like to use the lite kind)
- 1In a wok or large frying pan, cook meats in 1 tablespoon oil until brown.
- 2Add shrimp to meats and cook together.
- 3Take out of pan and set aside.
- 4Crumble the rice in the same pan and fry it with 2 tablespoons oil.
- 5Add cooked meats, veggies and water chestnuts to rice.
- 6Add soy sauce to taste.
- 7In another pan, scramble an egg and cook flat in a small amout of oil (do not scramble egg in the pan, but let it cook flat, like an omelet).
- 8Cut into strips.
- 9Add fried egg strips and green onion just before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leftovers Friendly Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.0 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: