Recipe by anme
Use all the left overs from past desserts.
Top Review by MizEmerilLagasse
I have done things like this before, but instead of the cream cheese I use pudding. There was a time when I had made a chocolate pound cake and since no one in my house was eating it except me it sat for a little to long. On the 5th day I was starting to think That I'll either use it or loose it, so I made a dessert that evening that involved layers of the crumbled pound cake, mini chocolate chips, and chocolate pudding that I had lightened with cool whip. It really was good, and stopped me from having to be wasteful. Thanks for posting! :)
- 3 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 3 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup cake crumbs or 1 cup cookie crumbs, divided
- mixed fruit (I like strawberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese and Cool Whip (1 to 1 ratio works best).
- Fold fruits into cream cheese mixture.
- Crumble half of the cake or any other sort of sweet crumbs in a glass.
- Layer some of the fruit mixture, the rest of the cake, then the rest of the fruit.