Recipe by Rebecca Farlow
This recipe uses leftover baked chicken breasts and rice with vegetables to create a whole new meal the next day. You can also replace the chicken with leftover ham and it works very nicely.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
I had leftover chicken, rice AND carrots so this was the perfect recipe! I also added frozen peas and corn. I also started the dish off my sauteing some onion and fresh garlic for a boost of flavor. Then I finished it off with a few turns of soy sauce. about a tsp of Oyster sauce and a little sesame oil. I don't think this qualifies as fried rice without any Asian seasonings though. . .
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (baked, cubed)
- 3⁄4-1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked rice, with frozen mixed vegetables mixed in
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a little olive oil in a wok or deep skillet.
- Add egg and cook slightly. You want to cook it all the way through, but don't over cook it. You don't want it to brown in this stage.
- Remove egg, break it up and set aside.
- Add a little more oil.
- Reheat chicken in the pan.
- Add rice and egg and toss until heated through.
- Serve immediately.