Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe uses leftover baked chicken breasts and rice with vegetables to create a whole new meal the next day. You can also replace the chicken with leftover ham and it works very nicely.
- Heat a little olive oil in a wok or deep skillet.
- Add egg and cook slightly. You want to cook it all the way through, but don't over cook it. You don't want it to brown in this stage.
- Remove egg, break it up and set aside.
- Add a little more oil.
- Reheat chicken in the pan.
- Add rice and egg and toss until heated through.
- Serve immediately.
I had leftover chicken, rice AND carrots so this was the perfect recipe! I also added frozen peas and corn. I also started the dish off my sauteing some onion and fresh garlic for a boost of flavor. Then I finished it off with a few turns of soy sauce. about a tsp of Oyster sauce and a little sesame oil. I don't think this qualifies as fried rice without any Asian seasonings though. . .
Tasssty! I actually used fresh green peppers, white and green onion, mushrooms and fresh garlic. Turned out very good! Was able to use up the leftover turkey AND rice from yesterday, fantastic!