Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made Shandobando's Potato & Leek Soup a couple days ago. We were going to have the soup for dinner tonight but there still would have been soup left and I didn’t want to waste any because it was so good. This recipe I put together using Shandobando's soup along with what I had on hand in the cabinet and refrigerator. A mild tasting one dish meal that can be very versatile depending on what vegetables, cheeses, and spices you like. This was very quick to put together and couldn’t have been easier.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, matchstick cut
- 4 cups potato and leek soup
- 15 ounces peas, drained
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil, chopped onion, garlic, and carrots; cook until tender. Place ground turkey in skillet and chop into small pieces. Lightly brown until meat is no longer pink. Set aside.
- Add water to large Dutch oven and bring to boil. When water is rapidly boiling add the egg noodles and cook until just tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles, return to Dutch oven and add ground turkey mixture along with drained peas, potato leek soup, mozzarella cheese, black pepper, lemon pepper, and fried onions. Fold together gently and heat thoroughly. Serve immediately, garnish with more French fried onions.
Delicious! I had to leave out the peas. My daughter doesn't like them. I think I will add some sauteed mushrooms the next time. Good, kid friendly dish. :)