Prep 7 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was given a turkey for Christmas from one of my clients--25 pounder, and it's just Mike and I--so I made soup. It turned out better than expected. Great way to use leftover turkey!
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg noodles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 36 ounces fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- salt & pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- In a big pot heat oil and add garlic.
- Add turkey and lightly brown.
- Add chicken stock and water.
- Add in all of the dry ingredients.
- Bring to boil add in noddles.
- Bring down to slow simmer; add veggies;cover.
- Cook until pasta is tender about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with hot crusty bread!