Recipe by KelBel
This is a white chili, using leftover cooked turkey or chicken, with a nice spicy kick. This is strickly a white chili, no tomatoes, red beans, or chili powder of any kind.
Top Review by pegpo
This turned out really good ! I served it with Cornbread. The family was surprised to see a "white" chili and were pleasantly surprised with the taste. they enjoyed the "kick" aspect =)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 113.39 g candiced jalapeno peppers
- 113.39 g canchopped green chili peppers
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (822.13 g) can chicken broth
- 473.18 ml chopped cooked turkey breast or 473.18 ml cooked chicken breasts
- 2 (850.48 g) can white beans (cannellini, chickpea, great northern, etc)
- 236.59 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Slowly cook and stir the onion until tender.
- Mix in the garlic, jalapeno, green chile peppers, cumin, oregano and cayenne.
- Continue to cook and stir the mixture until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken broth, turkey or chicken and white beans.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from heat; slowly stir in the cheese until melted.