Recipe by TMoney
A 1950 newspaper clipping I found in my great great aunt Jessie's collection. Very basic and easy method of using up that leftover turkey. Prep time includes cooking the noodles but not the turkey!
Top Review by Paka
My DH is still talking about this casserole! It was nice to fix something that didn't require a canned soup. I had no sherry wine so added 2 teaspoons of chicken bullion. Also added celery and minced red pepper instead of pimento, didn't have any in the pantry. I made it up in the morning and let the flavors blend until cook time in the evening. Thanks, will be making this one again.
- 4 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups turkey, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 3 ounces sliced mushrooms (canned)
- 1 can pimiento
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles until barely tender in boiling salted water.
- Drain well and place in shallow greased baking dish.
- Arrange turkey over noodles.
- Melt butter and add onion, cooking for a minute.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix lightly then pour over the turkey and noodles.
- Bake in a moderate oven at 350 degrees until lightly browned (about 20 minutes).