Prep 4 mins
Cook 10 mins
I am emptying out my freezer that I have lots of cooked meats in and made this very simple sandwich tonight that the kids loved(so did I). I used leftover sliced turkey from when I cooked a turkey and put some in the freezer for sandwiches and casseroles.
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 12 slices turkey
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- mayonnaise (optional)
- Cut out a v shape in the top of each hoagie roll and save the piece that you cut out.
- Press down inside the roll to make it look like a canoe.
- Put a couple of slices of turkey in the bottom of each.
- Top with 2 slices of bacon.
- Sprinkle or lay monterey jack cheese on top.
- Sprinkle some sharp cheddar on each.
- Put the top back on each hoagie and bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes.
- When done I take the top off and add a little mayonnaise.