Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I always freeze our Thanksgiving turkey legs for soups and stews. This is one of the delicious recipes I came up with. It can be modified for any type of meat.
- 1 leftover turkey leg, with bone (can still be frozen)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, chopped
- 3 small sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped with leaves
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon organic sodium-free seasoning (from Costco)
- salt & pepper (I do about 1tsp of each)
- Throw it all in the crock pot and cook on high for 4 hrs or low for 8, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bones before serving.
- **Raw meat can be used, just allow 8-10hrs to fully cook**.