Recipe by Bergy
What a great way to have your leftover turkey, chicken, ham or anything else leftover. It looks beautiful and tastes ever so good. I serve this with a fresh green salad and that's it. Try this for a bridge luncheon or company dinner. Depending on the appetites cut the pie accordingly. This recipe was originally from Appeal Magazine
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 (284 ml) package tomato sauce & mushrooms (or make your own it should be a fairly thick sauce)
- 1 large leek, white part only, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can canned corn niblets
- 1 cup frozen peas (not thawed)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 10 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl Combine all ingredients except phyllo and butter, mix well.
- Place one sheet of phyllo longways on a cookie sheet (keep the others covered with a damp cloth) Lightly paint the sheet with butter, place another sheet on top and repeat until you have 5 layers of phyllo. Place the filling in the middle of the phyllo, pile slghtly toward the middle. Place the 6th phllo sheet over top, lightly paint with butter and repeat until you have 5 layers over top of the filling You should now have 5 layers of phyllo below the turkey and 5 layers over top. Grasp the edges of the phyllo and roll toward the filled part making a roll all around the filling.
- The pie should be circular in shape.
- Brush the top with any remaining butter.
- Bake for apprx 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cut in 4-6 wedges and serve immediately.