Recipe by English_Rose
Transform cooked turkey into something spicy and special in next to no time with this recipe for turkey curry.
Top Review by Outta Here
Great way to use up leftover turkey, or even chicken or pork. Great flavor and easy to make. I did find the sauce to be a bit thin, though, and would cut down the amount of water used. Made for My 3 Chefs game.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb roasted turkey, chopped into 1/2in pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Fry for 6-7 minutes till the onion is lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix the tomato puree with the remaining oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala and salt to form a thick paste. Tip the paste into the onion mixture and fry for half a minute.
- Stir in the turkey pieces and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of hot water from the kettle and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Mix in the ginger (if using) and the lemon juice.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with plain basmati rice, bread and a salad of crisp lettuce.