This is the best gosh darn soup! MIL makes it every year and I finagled the recipe from her..I know it sounds weird but its heavenly. She got the recipe out of a store flyer.
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (12 ounce) jar turkey gravy
- 1⁄4 cup left over prepared stuffing
- 1⁄4 cup left over mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce (the jellied kind)
- 1 cup pearl barley
- Sauté first 4 ingredients for 2 minutes then cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add next 4 ingredients and cover and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until leftovers dissolve and barley is plump.