Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe that I came up with when trying to find a use for all of my taco leftovers from the night before. It is a very versatile recipe, and can be eaten as a dip, or on top of your leftover shredded lettuce. You can omit the spanish rice if making a dip, because it with the chips and the beans it makes for a pretty starchy snack. But on the lettuce, the rice is perfect! Yum!
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups Spanish rice (if handy)
- 3⁄4 cup ground beef (can be beef, chicken, etc.)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 4 cups shredded lettuce or 4 cups tortilla chips
- sliced green onion
- sour cream
- black olives
- Spread the bottom of a sprayed 8x8 casserole with the beans.
- Layer the spanish rice (if using) and taco meat on top of the beans.
- Pour the salsa over the rice and taco meat.
- Sprikle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over shredded lettuce as a salad or with tortilla chips as a dip!